At The Read House (“Hotel”), the privacy and confidentiality of user information is important. We are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of your user information. We may update this policy from time to time, so please check here frequently. Hotel will not disclose identifiable user information to any third party without consent.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED ABOUT YOU? HOW DO WE USE IT?
We take the utmost care to ensure that the personal information we obtain from you is not used in a way that you may be unaware of or not agreeable to. You may wish to submit an information request about our Hotel, participate in one of our promotions or subscribe to our e-mail or postal mail lists. In response, we may ask for information such as your name and postal address. In the event you opt to provide us with this information, we will only use it for the purpose specified by you at the bottom of the information gathering form.
INFORMATION COLLECTED ON THE SITE MAY BE USED TO:
- Register you as a Hotel member
- Plan and purchase hotel accommodations
- Enter your email in our promotions or sweepstakes
- Send marketing communications or surveys to you
- Respond to your questions or suggestions
- Improve the quality of your visit to our site
All forms will provide an opt-out button to allow you to choose not to participate in Hotel lists and future online marketing. In deciding whether or not to join such lists, please note that they are only used for Hotel purposes or in joint promotions with a Hotel partner. We do not sell, rent or share any of your personal information with any other party including any third-party joint promoters, nor use it for unapproved commercial purposes. You may request to be removed from our lists at any time. All emails distributed to our lists will contain easy, online access to unsubscribe.
PERMISSION FOR USE
If you decide to make an online reservation at the Site, you will be linked to a reservation interface and a third party booking engine (“Booking Engine”) provided by RoomMaster.com. While it appears to be part of our site, the Booking Engine is in fact provided by a third party and is governed by its privacy practices. We understand that security remains the primary concern of online consumers and have chosen the Booking Engine Vendor carefully. The Booking Engine Vendor participates in the VeriSign Secure Site Program, a top security certification program. All information sent to this site, if in an SSL session, is encrypted, protecting against disclosure to third parties.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We would like our Site visitors to feel confident about using the Site to plan and purchase their accommodations, so Hotel is committed to protecting the information we collect. Hotel has implemented a security program to keep information that is stored in our systems protected from unauthorized access.
Our Site is hosted in a secure environment. Although “guaranteed security” does not exist on or off the Internet, the Site servers/systems are configured with data encryption, or scrambling, technologies, and industry-standard firewalls. When you enter personal information during the reservation process, or during a customer email sign-up, your data is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure safe transmission.
WITHDRAWING CONSENT TO USE
USE OF AGGREGATED DATA
Hotel is interested in improving the Site and may develop and offer new features and services. We monitor aggregated data regarding use of the Site for marketing purposes and to study, improve and promote use of the Site. In connection with such purposes, Hotel may share aggregated data with third parties collectively and in an anonymous way. Disclosure of aggregated data does not reveal personal information about individual Site users in any way that identifies who they are or how to contact them.
Hotel has three exceptions to these limits on use of personal information:
- Hotel may monitor and, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is required, disclose information to protect the security, property, assets and/or rights of Hotel from unauthorized use, or misuse, of the Site or anything found at the Site.
- Hotel may disclose information when required by law or when pertinent to judicial or governmental investigations or proceedings; however, only to the extent necessary and in a manner that seeks to maintain the privacy of the individual.
- Hotel may transfer information as part of a business transfer.
To enable features at the Site, Hotel may assign one or more “cookies” to your Internet browser. Cookies, among other things, speed navigation through our Site, keep track of information so that you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit our Site, and may provide you with customized content. A cookie is an Internet mechanism composed of a small text file containing a unique identification number that permits a web server to send small pieces of information or text by means of your browser and place them on your computer’s hard drive for storage. This text lets the web server know if you have previously visited the web page. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to find out the identity of any user.
THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
- Google Analytics, which we use service to measure the performance of this website. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes information about you and information on how to opt out from Google’s collection of information from you, go to Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- Google AdWords, Google Dynamic Remarketing, and DoubleClick Digital marketing, which we use for advertising-related services such as data collection, behavioral analysis or retargeting. For more information go to Google’s Privacy & Terms.
- Bing Ads, which we use for advertising-related services such as data collection, behavioral analysis or retargeting. For more information go to the Microsoft Privacy Statement.
- Facebook Pixel, which we use to manage and measure our digital marketing campaigns. For more information go to Facebook’s Privacy and Data Use Business Hub.
- Adobe Fonts, which we use to load fonts on this website. For information on how Adobe Fonts collects and processes information about you, go to Adobe Privacy Center.
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY & PARENTAL CONSENT
LINKS PROVIDED TO OTHER SITES
Hotel may provide links to a number of other web sites that we believe might offer you useful information and services. However, those sites may not follow the same privacy policies as Hotel. Therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of any third parties, including without limitation, any web site owners whose sites may be reached through this Site, nor can we control the activities of those web sites. We urge you to contact the relevant parties controlling these sites or accessing their on-line policies for the relevant information about their data collection practices before submitting any personal information or other sensitive data.
POLICY MODIFICATIONS & CONTACTING HOTEL
The Read House Hotel
107 W MLK Blvd
Chattanooga, TN 37402
Tel: (423) 266-4121