With a convenient address in the heart of the city, The Read House makes it easy to discover the best restaurants, shops and attractions in downtown Chattanooga.
Catch a Lookouts baseball game at AT&T Field, stroll along the scenic Tennessee River or see 12,000 different animals at the Tennessee Aquarium – all just a short walk from our landmark hotel.
Take a three-minute ride on Chattanooga’s free electric shuttle to visit the Hunter Museum of American Art, Creative Discovery Museum, Renaissance Park and the charming NorthShore shopping and dining district. The shuttle stops every five minutes right outside The Read House. Or enjoy a ride through time by visiting the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum.
Nature lovers can venture four miles outside of town to Lookout Mountain for incredible views from famous Rock City. While you’re there, be sure to stop by Ruby Falls, a 145-foot-high underground waterfall.
Chattanooga is also a popular base for hang-gliding, bass fishing, mountain climbing and caving expeditions; the verdant Smoky Mountains and Tennessee River watershed support the greatest variety of flora in the United States.
As the 4th largest city in Tennessee, Chattanooga truly has something for everyone.
- Chattanooga Convention Center (0.1 miles)
- IMAX Theater (0.3 miles)
- Tennessee Aquarium (0.4 miles)
- AT&T Park (0.4 miles)
- Creative Discovery Museum (0.8 miles)
- Hunter Museum of American Art (1.0 miles)
- University of Tennessee – Chattanooga (1.0 miles)
- Walnut Street Bridge (1.0 miles)
- North Shore shopping and dining district (1.8 miles)
- Chattanooga Zoo (2.2 miles)
- Lookout Mountain (3.0 miles)
- Rock City (4.0 miles)
- Ruby Falls (4.0 miles)
- Lake Winnepesaukah Amusement Park (6 miles)
- The Bear Trace Golf Course (15.0 miles)
- Ocoee Whitewater Rafting and Kayak Adventures (48.6 miles)